Best Time RV Terms and Conditions
Conditions for RV Rental USA
Valid 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020
Summary of Rental Conditions
This document contains a brief summary of our rental conditions. The full details of our rental contract do apply. Rates quoted are in US dollars.
Branches - Las Vegas & San Francisco
Branch Opening Hours
|Locations||All Year Round|
Monday - Friday
All Branches are closed or have limited hours on the following US holidays
- 27 May 2019
- 4 July 2019
- 2 September 2019
- 28 November 2019
- 25 December 2019
- 1 January 2020
5% discount for rentals 21-41 days
10% discount for rentals 42 days or more
If a child under 16 is travelling in the camper you receive a 5% discount
Early Bird Discount
10% discount for reservation made until and including October 31, 2018, for pick-ups between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020
Pick up and Drop off Information
Best Time RV offers TWO different types of Pickups:
Early pickups are provided at a cost of $ 164.00 per rental for pick ups July 1 - Sep 30 and at a cost of $54.00 for pickups Oct 1 – Jun 30. With this option, the pick-up times are Mon-Sat 9.00 am – 11.00 am. These Early pick-ups include free transfers from designated hotels to rental location as described below under 2.1. The time for these free transfers will be arranged with the customers individually between 7.30am and 9.30 am. Customers have to tell us at least 3 working days prior to their pick-up, from which of the designated hotels they would like to have a transfer. No last minute transfers can be organized.
Regular pickups are at no extra cost but DO NOT include transfers to rental locations and the possession of the rental vehicle is Mon-Fri 1.00 pm - 3.00 pm or Sat 10.00 am – 11.00 am.
You have to call our rental location one working day prior to your pick-up. The rental location will arrange a suitable time for the pick-up or the transfer with you. This way we can avoid long waiting periods.
Transfer to Location
- Overseas customers must overnight before picking-up their rental unit.
- Customers must be ready for pick-up at the time approved by the rental locations at the designated transfer hotels at specified customer waiting areas (exceptions are listed separately with the transfer hotel information)
- Early hotel transfer is only provided from the customer waiting area of the designated transfer hotels.
- Tour operators or customers are requested to report at the time of booking or not later than three working days before pick-up date in which designated transfer hotel customer is staying overnight and how many people are in customers party.
- Transfers are only provided from the designated hotels and airports if we have been informed of the transfer within the indicated time frame. Customers must be ready at the stated time and customer waiting area, otherwise no pick-up transfer will be provided.
- Transfer times are approximate due to traffic, border and weather conditions. Best Time RV is not responsible for any refunds due to any of these conditions.
Vehicle Pick Up (no transfer included to rental location)
- Vehicle Pick-up: Mon-Fri 13.00 – 15.00 and Sat 10.00 – 11.00 hr
- Customers must arrive at rental location at their own expense. No transfer to the rental location is provided by the rental company.
- Reserved rental vehicles will not be provided for pick up before 13.00 hrs Mon-Fri or before 10.00hrs Sat
- Reserved rental vehicles may be delivered as late as 15.00 hrs Mon-Fri or 12.00hrs Sat
- No refund is made in the event of late vehicle pick-up.
Vehicle Drop-off and Airport / Hotel Transfer
- Vehicle drop-off hours are from 09.00 to 11.00 hrs.
- Airport Transfer (Drop-off)is only provided if drop off time is on or before 10.00hrs: Airport transfer is included in Prep Fee and provided to all renters who drop-off their rental vehicles on or before 10.00 hrs at no extra cost.Shuttles leave around 11.00hrs from all our rental locationsto designated airports only: Las Vegas,Los Angeles and San Francisco. Please do not book return flights with departures before 14.00 hrs, if you want to take advantage of the free drop-off transfer to the airport.
- No airport transfer is provided if drop off time is after 10.00hrs
- Late vehicle drop-off - Late vehicle drop-off surcharges are USD 30.00 per hour. No airport transfers are provided in the event of a late vehicle drop-off. No refunds are made for early returns or unused portion of rentals.
Transfer Hotels, Pick-up time & Customer Waiting area
|Rental Location||Transfer Hotels|
|LAS, Las Vegas, NV
(Las Vegas, NV)
MGM Grand Hotel
|LAX, Los Angeles CA||
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Crowne Plaza Hotel Los Angeles Int'l Airport
Holiday Inn Los Angeles Int'l Airport
|PHX, Phoenix AZ||
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport North
Phoenix Airport Marriott
Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix Airport
Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport
|SFO, San Francisco, CA
(San Leandro, CA)
Vagabond Inn San Francisco Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport
Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport
Accent Inns Richmond Vancouver Airport
Additional Transfer Information for Customers
Transfer possibility from San Francisco downtown:
The BART train (Bay Area Rapid Transit) serves four stations in downtown San Francisco. It is the fastest way to reach our rental location from San Francisco downtown (approximately 45 minutes) and only costs USD 5*.
The Best Time RV location in Hayward is providing shuttle transfers from and to the South Hayward BART station. Early Pick-up rules will apply if customer wants to pickup in the morning. More information about the BART train can be found under:
* Subject to change without notice
Public Liability Insurance
Included in daily rental rates
Best Time RV maintains liability insurance coverage on all their rental vehicles for bodily injury and property damage liability claims brought by a third party (other than a passenger) against the renter (and any other driver listed in the rental contract) and/or the company as a result of the operation or use of their rental vehicles. The policy protects the company for USD 5 million and the renter for statutory limits. This basic public liability coverage is included in all rental rates. All coverage and waivers are subject to the express terms of the rental contract.
SLI - Supplemental Liability Insurance
(available for purchase at pick-up)
Best Time RV offers each renter optional supplemental liability insurance coverage for their rented vehicle at an additional charge. This provides additional protection for bodily injury and property damage liability claims brought by a third party (other than a passenger) against the renter and any authorized driver listed in the rental contract. This optional coverage, when selected, increases statutory liability limits to either USD 300,000 CSL (Combined Single Limit) or USD 1 million CSL for the renter. This supplemental liability coverage can be purchased at time of vehicle pick-up at the rental counter. All coverage and waivers are subject to the express terms of the rental contract and the coverage terms outlined in the coverage brochure.
Customer Responsibility with CDW - Collision Damage Waiver
Included in daily rental rates
In the event of loss or damage to vehicle while on rent, whether or not due to the fault of customer, customers responsibility for direct and accidental loss (including theft and vandalism) or damage to the vehicle is unlimited. That is, customer is responsible for all loss or damage. All daily rental rates for all vehicles include Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). With CDW, the customers responsibility for accidental damage, theft and vandalism (police report is required) to the vehicle is reduced to USD 1,000.00 per occurrence.
CDW does not apply to overhead-, awning-, undercarriage- or backing up- damage, which shall be considered negligent damage and the sole responsibility of customer.
Customer Responsibility with VIP - Vacation Interruption Protection
Included in daily rental rates
- With VIP, the customer’s responsibility for accidental damage is further reduced to USD1,000.00. In case of theft and vandalism to the vehicle, the deductible is USD 1,000.00.
- VIP also covers the expenses in the event of a mechanical breakdown requiring the vehicle to be in repair for more than 12 working hours. Radio, air conditioning, refrigerator, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step, cruise control are not considered to be mechanical breakdowns. Incurred expenses of USD 30.00 per person per day for lodging and USD 30.00 per group per day for other transportation is provided. A limit of USD 3,000.00 per tour applies and this plan is not valid in case of an accident. Customer must present all receipts for refund of expenses.
- Not considered to be mechanical breakdowns are: Radio, TV, DVD-player, air conditioning, refridgerator, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step, cruise control. slide out malfunctions
VIP coverage is void (I) if customer fails to file an accident/damage police report, or (II) if vehicle is used in violation of the terms of the rental contract.
Security bond for all rentals is USD 1,000.00 (will strictly be enforced, authorized / not charged)
If opting to use awning, there is an additional USD 1,000.00 refundable security deposit due at time of departure. Additional deposits may be required for special events
(included in preparation fee)
|Water & Sewer Hose||Camground Guide & Road Atlas||Fire Extinguisher|
|Operations Manual||Water Regulator||15/30 AMP Adapter|
|First Aid Kit||Screwdriver (upon request)||Flashlight & Batteries|
|Accident kit with camera||Vehicle Levelers||KOA Card available if requested by customer at pick-up|
(refer to price lists)
|Set of Pots||Carving Knife||Dish Cloth|
|Frying Pan||Cutting Board||Waste Basket | Bucket|
|BBQ Grill||Kitchen Tissue||Clothes Hangers|
|Mixing Bowl & Colander||Serving Spoons||2 Tea | Kitchen Towels|
|Coffee Pot||Scotch Bright||Mixing Utensils|
|Can|Bottle Opener |Cork Screw||Dust Pan & Broom||Baking Sheet|
|Blanket or Comforter||Pillow | Pillow Case||1 Sheet|
|Face Cloth||Hand Towel||Bath Towel|
|Dinner Plate||Bread Plate||Cereal Bowl|
|Cup | Saucer||Glass||Cutlery|
NOTE: All tableware (plates etc) is non-plastic and is made of Corning/Corelle china or equivalent.
Convenience Kits are paid per person.
This is a mandatory one-time charge per vehicle per booking. It is applicable to all bookings without exception.
The Preparation Fee covers -
- Standard Kit per vehicle
- First tank of propane
- First supply of toilet chemicals
- First roll of toilet paper
- Vehicle outside cleaning
- Drop-off transfers
There are no refunds for unused propane and toilet chemicals and there are no refunds if customers do not meet the transfer rules and did not take the advantage of transfers or if customers decide to do own transfer at their own cost.
500 miles for USD $250, no refund for unused miles
All additional miles are payable at the drop off station: USD -.43 per mile plus sales tax
Best Time RV offer GPS units at all our rental locations. Please pre-order these with the reservation to guarantee availability at point of pick-up.
Maintenance and Cleaning Responsibility
Customers are responsible to check all fluid levels at each refueling. Refills of all fluids (except gasoline and propane) will be reimbursed at check-in upon presentation of receipts.
Gasoline costs are not included in rental price.
Gasoline tanks are full at pick-up and must be returned full.
Vehicles must be returned clean inside. Waste tanks must be emptied prior to return. Otherwise, cleaning charges may occur.
Repairs / Refunds / Early Returns / Long Term Rentals
Necessary repairs are refunded without previous authorization up to USD 50.00. Customer must provide receipts. If customers pay repairs exceeding USD 50.00 without previous authorization, we will not refund. Clients assume full responsibility for any additional expenses incurred by reasons of a breakdown of vehicle. If a vehicle which had a breakdown and is in repair for more than 12 working hours, through no fault of customer, our responsibility to client is limited to refund the daily rate or a portion thereof (VIP coverage). No refunds will be made for breakdowns in Death Valley (between June 15 and September 15), New York City, greater metropolitan area of Montreal and the city of Quebec (Canada). Radio, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, any appliances, plumbing, generator and cruise are not considered breakdowns and no refunds are made for repair time to these items. There will be no refunds made for the early return of a rental vehicle.
Customers renting for more than 30 days will receive a multiple page rental agreement with one page for every 30 days of the rental period or part thereof.
In case of an accident, customers must notify the police for a police report immediately, also inform the drop-off station within 24 hours and make full report in writing. CDW/VIP accident coverage is void if customer fails to follow these procedures.
Credit Cards / Traveler Checks
Best Time RV accept MASTER/Eurocard, VISA and AMEXCO credit cards as well as all Traveler Checks in US-Dollars. No Euro checks or debit cards are accepted. We are not responsible for exchange rate fluctuations or handling charges for any credit card transaction. Without any exception, a valid credit card is required for each rental.
NOTE: Your payment with Jurnii RV must be with VISA or MASTERCARD
Drivers License / Drivers Age
A national automobile drivers license is required.
Best Time RV recommend customers to carry a translation of the national drivers license or an international drivers license, but under any circumstances, customer must provide a valid national drivers license at pick-up.
Minimum age is 21 years for all motorhomes.
Parking / Traffic Violations / Toll Roads
Customers are responsible for reporting and paying of all parking/traffic/toll road violations at rental termination. Non-reporting of parking/traffic/toll road violations will result in an administrative charge of up to USD 50.00. Non-reported parking/traffic violations plus administrative charge will be charged against customers credit card or will be collected at customers domicile. Customers will have the option of buying prepaid toll packages at pick up.
- Death Valley from June 15 to September 15
- Logging roads, non-public roads and off-road driving
Northern Travel supplement
All rental vehicles traveling to Alaska, the Northwest Territories or the Yukon are permitted between May 1 through September 30 and must be confirmed in advance. A USD 450.00 prepaid non-refundable supplement is required.
Best Time RV is entitled to upgrade customers to a higher rated vehicle at no extra cost. Should a lower rated vehicle be offered, the responsibility of the rental company is limited to the refund of the difference in gross rates.
One Way Rentals
A one way fee applies for all one way rentals
There is a 7 days minimum rental period
No Pets Allowed - If this policy is not followed, the renter will be responsible for a penalty up to USD 1,000.
Towing is not permitted.
Storing items on vehicle roof is not permitted. Free storage of luggage is available at all locations at owner's risk (not available for one way rentals).
It is the renter’s responsibility to have the vehicle winterized if traveling to colder areas to prevent freezing. This will include the water pipes, toilet, fresh water tanks, sink, shower, external shower, hot water heater and holding tanks. Winterization requires that water be drained from the fresh water tank, hot water heater and both waste tanks. Once the vehicle is winterized, no water can be put into the fresh water tank and it cannot be hooked up to the city water supply anymore. Therefore, no water at all is available in the motorhome. The toilet, however, can still be used as long as windshield washer antifreeze is poured down to rinse. Winterization or de-winterization of rental vehicle while on rent is at expense of customer. Please inform your clients at the time of booking.
Baby / Child Seat
Due to applicable law, a baby or child seat must be attached in the rear of the vehicle, not in the front seats. All Class C coaches are equipped with minimum one anchor for three-point child or baby car seat attachment.
Dinette table will require lowering to install baby and child seats. The dinette table will only lower to seat level. Due to this other passengers will not be able to travel in the dinette area, if the dinette has been lowered.
Extras Available for Hire
- Convenience Kits - $75 per person/rental (including vehicle kit and personal kit)
- Convenience Kits - $50 per rental for vehicle kit only
- Generator Use - $3/hour
- GPS - $10/day (max $100)
- Baby | Booster Seat - $39
- Snow Chains - $35
- Camp Chair - $9
- Camping Table - $15
- Toaster - $6
- If opting to use awning, there is an additional USD 1,000.00 refundable security deposit due at time of departure.
All items exclude Sales Tax
These items cannot be guaranteed unless pre-ordered (subject to availability)
- Preparation Fee - $211
- Preparation Fee - $276 (weekend pick ups on Saturday, Mondays Apr 1 & Sep 30)
- Burning Man Surcharge - $2000 per trip per vehicle (excludes sales tax)
- Nascar 2019 Supplement (March 2 - March 4, 2019)* Las Vegas pickups $330
- Burning Man 2019 Supplement (August 25 - September 2, 2019)*non refundable supplement, charged for all pick-ups in LAS, LAX, PHX, SFO, YDT $2,162 a $ 2,000 security deposit will be charged at pick-up
If customer wishes to have the awning enabled an additional security deposit of $1,000 will be charged at pick-up
* Event Surcharges only apply if clients attend the Events.
The cancellation must be notified in writing and the day of receipt of the cancellation is the date the cancellation fee is calculated as follows -
- 42 days prior to pick-up date - 30 % of total rental days charges
- 41 to 29 days prior to pick-up date - 40 % of total rental days charges
- 28 to 15 days prior to pick-up date - 60 % of total rental days charges
- 14 to 1 days prior to pick-up date - 85 % of total rental days charges
- Departure day and no shows - 100% of total rental days charges
In addition to the charges mentioned above any confirmed one-way fees or surcharges must also be paid.
Amendments are charged at a rate of US$50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. No refund will be given on the initial deposit paid.
If an amendment is made to the rental whereby the length of hire is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit amount nor can it be transferred to the balance payable on pick up. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended.
If the amendment results in changing the vehicle brand your deposit is not transferable.
Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee may not apply.
Please note that amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
Early Bird Discounts may no longer be applicable to the rental if changed.
All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of the rental contract. Prices, policies and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time.