El Monte RV Terms & Conditions
Conditions for RV rental USA
This program is valid for non USA Residents
Valid For Travel From 01 April 2021 - 31 March 2022
Summary of Rental Conditions
This document contains a brief summary of the rental conditions. The full details of the rental contract applies. Rates quoted are in US dollars.
Branch Opening Hours
|Locations||April - September||October - March|
|Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)
|New York (NYC)||Monday-Saturday
|Bellingham / Vancouver (YVR)||Monday-Saturday
25 Jan- 5 Feb
Salt Lake City (SLC)
San Diego (SND)
Monday to Friday
(SLC) 9:00am -4:00pm
|Monday to Friday
9:00am - 4:00pm
**IMPORTANT- There are specific pickup and dropoff times please keep reading for this information
All Branches are closed on the following Public Holidays
- New Years Day - 1 January 2021
- Easter Sunday - 4 April 2021
- Memorial Day - May 31 2021
- Independence Day - July 4 2021
- Pioneer Day (SLC only) - July 24 2021
- Burning Man (SFO only) - September 5-7 2021
- Labor Day - September 6 2021
- Thanksgiving Day - November 25 2021
- Christmas Eve - December 24 2021
- Christmas Day - December 25 2021
- New Years Eve - 31 December 2021
- New Years Day - 1 January 2022
Due to heightened volumes of travel during holiday season it is recommended that customers avoid beginning or ending their motor home rental on the day immediately before or after a holiday date. Otherwise, customers may experience airline delays, increased road traffic and possible delays at rental office. Location closing dates are subject to change.
Motor Home Takeover and Return Policies
First Night Accommodation
We strongly recommend that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel.
Transfers Are No Longer Provided By El Monte RV or Mighty Campers
- Takeover Time: After 1.00pm. Subject to vehicle readiness.
- Latest motor home takeover time is 1 hour before stations official closing time
- Day of Departure: No refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure.
- Return Time: Between 8:00am-11:00am
- A per hour penalty will be charged for returns after 11:00am without prior authorization from rental station.
- No refund for any reason if rental is terminated by clients before the scheduled return date.
- All Renters are required to complete our online check-in at least 14 days prior to the first date of rental: MyElMonteRV.com/check-in
- Renter (named major credit card holder) must be at least 21 years of age and in possession of valid identification including driver’s license and passport
- Renter and all additional drivers must be present at pick-up of the rental vehicle and sign the rental agreement
- There is no charge for additional drivers
- An International Driver’s License is recommended but not required
- A major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex (no ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard or visa debit cards, etc) with available credit is required for all charges paid at the counter
- Cash or Travelers Checks are not accepted
- A $1,000 security deposit is required at the time of departure.
- We require that the deposit be guaranteed by a major non-debit credit card such as Visa, MasterCard or American Express with sufficient credit balance to cover this amount.
- We do not accept ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard/Check Cards or pre-paid credit cards.
- We do not accept Cash or Traveler's Checks, Stored Value/Pre-paid cards or gift cards.
- The security deposit is not charged on the customer’s credit card on pick up, but rather the amount is on ‘hold’. Upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time this ‘hold’ is removed.
- Clients receive a full orientation of their motorhome, including clients’ responsibilities for maintenance and use
- Orientation consists of a 30 min. video in English, German, Spanish or Japanese introducing the general concepts of motorhome use and safety tips, as well as a personal walk-through of the motorhome with the client by a qualified instructor
- Operator manuals are provided for clients to take with them in English and German
- Clients also receive a regional campground directory and location map from the rental station with directions to the nearest supermarkets and gas stations
Rental Vehicle Abandonment
The rental vehicle cannot be returned outside of office hours. Any attempt to return the rental vehicle outside of office hours is defined under the terms and condition of the rental contract as Abandonment of the rental vehicle. Abandonment of the rental vehicle is subject to a $1000 - $5000 fine in addition to any incidentals that may be due for miles traveled over the pre-purchased allotment, fuel tank refill, flush-out of waste water tanks, cleaning and/or damage. The clients will also forfeit the security deposit.
El Monte RV is not responsible for items left in the motor home after clients return and reserves the right to donate or dispose of them as it sees fit. Left items cannot be mailed to client.
Pets are allowed. Client is responsible for all damage and may be surcharged for special cleaning.
- Luggage storage is available on a limited basis (one standard suitcase per person, no sports equipment) at the following locations: Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York City, San Francisco & Bellingham/Vancouver.
- No guarantee of luggage storage is made for: Denver, Miami, Chicago, Phoenix, San Diego & Salt Lake City.
- To facilitate the pick up and drop off procedures, it is recommended that clients carry their luggage in their vehicle. Soft-sided or collapsible bags are best for storage.
- Luggage storage is at the clients own risk and is not available for one way rentals.
- Luggage capacity of courtesy shuttle is limited and may require clients with excess luggage or over-sized items to store and later retrieve them from their hotel.
Client Contact Information
- Customer information: MyElMonteRV.com
- Please use the direct telephone number for each branch location
- 24/7 On-The-Road Support: 1-800-367-4707 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance & Use Responsibility
Clients are responsible for routine maintenance while traveling (check coolant, oil, tire pressure, etc), as well as immediately reporting mechanical failures. Clients may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence of operation and/or performing normal maintenance. Tools for vehicle repair and tire change are not provided since clients are not authorized to make repairs.
Reimbursements & Refunds
- Refunds for Mechanical Problems: In the event of a mechanical problem requiring repairs over $75 clients must call El Monte RV’s On-The-Road Support for authorization.
- A toll free number is provided for assistance with problems, questions, etc.: at 1-800-367-4707. Contact can be made also at: email@example.com.
- Clients will be reimbursed on return and upon presentation of receipts and any replaced parts. No repair receipts over $75 will be reimbursed without prior authorization.
- Note: $75 reimbursement does not apply to de-winterizing or winterizing cost.
- Additional Items: In the unlikely event that items are missing from kitchen or personal kits, or for example if a client needs an additional blanket, or needs to replace an item for the motor home such as a water hose, sewer hose, etc., the client may purchase these items without prior approval and will be refunded at return upon presentation of valid receipts, provided they not total more than $75.
- Breakdowns: In the event of a mechanical breakdown requiring the vehicle to be in repair for more than 12 hours, El Monte RV will refund lost use rental charges only. El Monte RVs maximum liability shall be for the refund of nightly rental charges or fractions thereof. No claims for rental car, hotel, telephone etc, will be accepted.
- Accompanying Vehicles: Accompanying vehicles are not eligible for compensation.
- Travel Agent Assistance: Contacting ones travel agency or tour operator will have no effect on the availability and/or speed of vehicle towing, repair and/or replacement and no compensation of any kind will be given for communication costs incurred. Clients should be instructed by their travel agency/tour operator to coordinate the repair efforts with El Monte RV Roadside Assistance and to discuss compensation with the staff at the rental counter.
- Client Complaints: Client refund or reimbursement requests must be received in writing with all supporting documentation no later than 45 days after rental return to be eligible for compensation consideration. El Monte RV reserves the right to take up to 60 days after receipt of the complaint to investigate and respond. Please email claims to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-The-Road Support Contact requirement: In order to be eligible for any lost-use refund during their rental period clients must contact El Monte RV’s On-The-Road Support and start a Customer Service Log with them and must have followed all instructions, self-help tips, and/or recommendations for repairs.
- Customers declining On-The-Road Support instructions, recommendations or appointments for repairs will not be eligible for lost-use compensation.
- All vehicle lost-use issues must be verified by a pre-authorized repair facility and/or by location staff upon return and only after issues are validated will any compensation be considered
- No consideration for lost-use will be given if it is determined any issues were operator error.
- Return: Without prior authorization in order to be eligible for a lost-use refund clients must return rental unit to return office as booked or a recovery fee and penalty will be charged.
- Non-essential items: Radio, air-conditioning, refrigerator, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step and cruise control, are not considered mechanical breakdowns.
- Cell-phone charges: Clients are responsible for all cell-phone charges. Clients are encouraged to use Onthe-Road-Support’s toll free number as the primary contact telephone number.
On-The-Road Vehicle Support
- On-The-Road Support (OTRS): 1-800-367-4707. is available 24 hours and 7 days
- Support staff may also be reached via email: email@example.com
- In order to be eligible for any lost-use refund during the rental period client must have contacted El Monte RV’s On-The-Road Support and start a Customer Service log with them and must have followed all instructions, self-help tips, and/or recommendations for repair.
- On-The-Road Support is a courtesy service provided by El Monte RV for our customers. They are not authorized to determine refunds. Any refund consideration can only be made by the return location manager.
- In certain circumstances clients may be provided a replacement vehicle. El Monte RV, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
- In the event of an accident involving an El Monte RV rental vehicle, no matter who was at fault, El Monte RV reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
- Under most circumstances, if client for any reason was at fault in causing incapacitation of their motor home they will be required to pay the costs incurred in delivering a replacement unit to them as well as any damage deductible up to US$5,000.
- Should clients violate the terms and conditions by driving intoxicated, under the use of drugs, or should they fall asleep at the wheel or drive negligently the US$5,000 deductible is voided and the customer will be responsible for all costs involved in replacing, towing and repairing of damaged motor home. Clients financial responsibility includes but is not limited to the rental vehicle. Clients may be charged lost use for the time needed for recovery and/or repair.
- Clients are restricted from traveling to certain regions due to road conditions, extreme weather, acts of God (‘force majeure’), security alerts and/or availability of support
- Restrictions are subject to change without notice and are determined solely by El Monte RV
- Clients are responsible for knowing and following the travel restrictions and for informing themselves of possible changing conditions.
- El Monte RV, to best of its ability, will provide clients with as much information at time of pick up as possible but is not liable for any delays or detours clients may encounter.
- Violation of these travel restrictions voids insurance and coverage option under the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Please note the following restrictions:
- Off Road: Travel on non-public, unpaved and/or logging roads is not permitted at any time.
- Death Valley: traveling in or traversing Death Valley is not permitted in July and August where ground temperatures can reach 140º F or 60º C and clients may be required to sign and acknowledge Death Valley restrictions on pick-up
- Mexico: Travel is permitted at clients own risk and only with the purchase of El Monte RVs Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI), available at all southwest locations. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs, lost use or deductibles for damage when in Mexico.
- New York City / Manhattan: Travel is not permitted.
- Alaska / Northern Canada: Travel is permitted at clients own risk. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use.
- Winter: Travel during winter months is permitted. However, clients are responsible for any damage due to systems freezing due to cold weather. As a precautionary measure, water may be replaced by anti-freeze to prevent water systems from freezing. Customers must plan on using bottled water and may be charge a de-winterization fee if water systems are used. Special instructions may be given at the rental counter. Freezing conditions may occur in Spring and Fall at higher elevations and should be anticipated and precautionary measures are taken. Note: Winterizing or de-winterizing cost, typically up to $150, are responsibility of renter.
- Summer: Travel in summer months and/or in extreme temperatures can strain motor home systems such as roof and dash air conditioners, generator and refrigerator. El Monte RV maintains its motor home fleet to accommodate all weather conditions; however, clients should be made aware that performance of motor home systems under extreme conditions cannot be guaranteed. Roof A/C units will only cool the interior of the motor home up to a maximum of 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.
- Ontario / Quebec: Due to the increased incidence of theft, motor homes are not allowed to be left unattended within the cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. It is recommended leaving the motor home parked at a campground and use a taxi or public transportation. Details available at pick up location. Clients planning on traveling in these areas must inform rental station prior to departure.
- Vehicle Return: Clients who return the rental vehicle to any location other than the one booked and confirmed without prior authorization or who abandon the rental vehicle will be charged a recovery fee and penalty.
Traffic Tickets and Citations
- Client is responsible for all traffic tickets and citations incurred during the rental period.
- Client may either pay for the ticket themselves, or opt to hand the ticket over upon return to the rental office for processing and payment. In addition to the ticket amount clients will be charged a US$25 administrative processing fee.
- In the event of customer non-payment or failure to turn over any ticket to El Monte RV, clients are responsible for the ticket amount plus late penalties. Additionally, clients may be charged up to US$250 for increased administrative processing.
- Toll Roads / Golden Gate Bridge tolls: El Monte RV will charge the customer the amount of the toll PLUS an additional handling fee of up to $25 using the credit card we have on file. This service does NOT include traffic or parking infractions.
- Fuel costs are clients responsibility. Gasoline and LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) tanks are generally full at pick up and must be returned full or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged; or if not full the gasoline and LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) tank must be returned at the same level or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged.
- No claims are accepted with regards to fuel consumption; fuel consumption will vary according to where and how a vehicle is driven and no claims are accepted as to fuel consumption if client is upgraded to a larger unit
- Every effort is made to provide clients with the model reserved. However, El Monte RV reserves the right to substitute models which are similar, higher rated; or longer as necessary; ie a Class A vehicle may be substituted for a cab-over Class C model; a C28 may be substituted for a C22.
- No refunds for any reason (such as increased fuel consumption, ferry charges, campground fees, etc) will be given due to increased length or size of motor home substituted.
- Should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be offered and accepted, liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the model booked and paid for and the model received at the time the booking was made. No refund will be given should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be requested by the client.
- No claims as to vehicle year will be considered
- Clients should take into consideration a larger unit may be substituted when pre-booking campgrounds.
- Clients should automatically reserve the next larger motor home length when making ferry reservations.
- All motor home sizes are outfitted with a 110 Volt generator.
- The use of the generator is not required for normal vehicle operation. Customers will be charged either per rental night for unlimited use, or per hour as determined by a time meter. Charges payable at the counter.
- Use of power outlets for charging phones, etc., are at clients own risk
- Prepaid generator charges upon vehicle return are non refundable.
The cancellation must be notified in writing and the day of receipt of the cancellation is the date the cancellation fee is calculated on the greater of the following -
- 20% of the total rental cost OR
- 44 to 16 calendar days prior to rental date - $450
- 15 to 1 calendar days prior to rental dates - $800
- Departure Day and No Show - Full Rental*
- One-way rentals - $200 (in addition to applicable fee)
* A client who declines vehicle at departure is classified as Departure Day and not eligible for any refund.
Please Note: Any refunds may take up to 3 weeks to process.
Amendments are charged at a rate of US$50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations.
If the amendment results in changing the vehicle brand your deposit is not transferable.
- All-inclusive surcharge ……………………. .$85 per night (12 night minimum) Includes: unlimited miles, all personal kits, kitchen kit, and Prep Fee.
- All-inclusive Plus surcharge ……………………. .$109 per night (12 night minimum) Includes: SLI and ZDO Insurances unlimited miles, all personal kits, kitchen kit, and Prep Fee.
- PAD (Priority AM Departure) ........................$195 per motor home
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)…… .$10 per day (not available at IAD)
- Zero Deductible Option (ZDO)*........................................ $15.95 per night (plus tax)
- Personal Kit (all locations) ………………….$55 per person
- Kitchen Kit (all locations) …………………....$130 per vehicle
- Generator Use …….…………………………$8 per night or $3.5 per hour
- GPS................................................... $95 per trip
- Mobile WiFi................................... $12.50 per day, Max. $225 per booking
- NYC Midtown hotels transfer fee ……………$80 per direction
- Burning Man surcharge …………………..……. $1000 (SFO only)
Other Options: Local payment only - NO guaranteed availability
- Toaster ………………………………………. $8 rental per motor home / trip
- Coffee machine ………………………..…….$10 rental per motor home / trip
- Folding chairs …………………………..……$11 rental each / trip
- Rice Cooker.....................................$10 rental each/trip
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI)….....$22 per day
El Monte RV Fleet
Standard Fleet: Model Year 2019 - 2022
C22 Class C Approx. length: 21’ – 23’
C25 Class C Approx. length: 24’ – 26’
C28 Class C Approx. length: 27’ – 29’
FS31 Class C Approx. length: 30’ – 32' Slide-out living area & bunk beds
AF33 Class A Approx. length: 32’ – 34’ Slide-out living area & bunk beds, motorized overhead bed
Mighty Fleet: Model Year 2018 or newer Available at LAS, LAX & SFO, MCO, DFW
M22 Class C Approx. length: 21’ – 25’
M28 Class C Approx. length: 27’ – 29’
MS31 Class C Approx. length: 30’ – 32’ Slide-out living area & bunk beds
MA33 Class A Approx. length: 32’ – 34’ Slide-out living area & bunk beds, motorized overhead bed
Model Year Definition
Model Year is a standard industry-wide term employed by US automobile and motor home manufacturers to designate annually changing vehicle designs. Model Year does not indicate the year in which a vehicle was manufactured. A 2019 design or ‘model’, for example, may be manufactured anytime during the 2018 or 2019 calendar year. The model year of an El Monte RV vehicle is always indicated on the vehicle registration.
El Monte RV Motorhomes
El Monte RV continuously strives to provide our international guests with the best possible motor home product in the industry. To this end, they purchase units only from top RV manufacturers who make them to higher than average specifications. All motor homes are 100% walk through, equipped with a 110v generator, microwave over, CD player, and modestly branded.
Motor Home Specifications
Motor home photos, drawings and floor plans provided are examples only. Sleeping capacities are recommendations only and do not mean like number of adults or full size teenagers can be accommodated comfortably within every unit of a size category. Features and amenities are representative and may be changed, added to or deleted without notice. Bed sizes vary from unit to unit within size categories and cannot be guaranteed. Specific floor plans or models will vary within a category and cannot be reserved or guaranteed.
All Drivers seats and Front passengers seats have seats belts and these should be worn whenever the vehicle is in motion. Manufacturers are not required by federal law to install seats belts in the living cabin of motorhomes; only in the Drivers seat and Front passengers seat. Therefore, we can neither confirm nor deny the present or number of seats belts in the living cabin. The Driver and Front Passenger seats always have 3-point (lap/shoulder) belts. Any other seat belts in the motorhome will be a 2-point (lap) belt.
Motor Home Lengths
Motor home lengths will vary within each size category. Specific floor plans, models or lengths cannot be reserved or guaranteed. Motor home category designations do not represent the exact length. For example, Class A Slide Out model FS31, lengths may range from 30 feet to over 32 feet.
Motor Home Availability
Not all motor home unit types will be available at all locations throughout the year. Elmonte will not accept any bookings for Race Across America participants.
Long Term Discounts
Long Term Discounts apply as follows -
- 21+ nights - 5% off nightly rate
Long Term Rentals
- Maximum length of one rental is restricted to 90 nights.
- For requests 90 nights or longer, please contact our Reservations team for a quote.
- Customers may be required to accept charges for normal maintenance; examples include but are not limited to: adding motor oil, transmission fluid or brake fluid; oil changes, tire rotation or tire replacement.
Early Bird Discount
17% off the nightly rate. Valid for bookings taken by 02 September 2020
15% off the nightly rate. Valid for bookings taken by 23 December 2020.
10% off the nightly rate. Valid for bookings taken by 27 January 2021.
5% off the nightly rate. Valid for bookings taken by 03 March 2021.
Valid for pickups - 1 April 2021 - 31 March 2022
500 mile packs can be purchased at a cost of US$187.50 per pack. There is a seven night minimum rental with these packs. Additional miles will be charged at US$0.34 (excluding taxes) at the conclusion of rental.
Unlimited miles can be purchased at a cost of US$993.75 per rental. There is a 10 night minimum and 21 night maximum. Each additional night after 25 will incur a nightly cost of US$36.25.
One Way Fees
- One Way Fees vary according to locations involved $350 - $750
- One Ways are on request only and may take up to 48 hours to confirm or deny
- Import / Export Fee: One Way hires are on a request basis only. There are times when the direction of the drop or time of year does not make sense in terms of fleet utilization. Therefore, El Monte RV will consider accepting a specific on way request for the standard one way fee PLUS up to an additional US$3,000 to import or export the motor home to the location needed.
Starter Pac / Vehicle Preparation Fee
This is a mandatory charge, per rental unit which includes: 1st tank of propane, 1st charge of toilet chemicals & tissue, environmental impact fees, license fees, recycling fees and California / Nevada licensing fees.
The preparation fee is $189 vehicle at all locations.
The preparation fee with PAD (priority AM departure) option is $305 per vehicle at Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York and San Francisco only.
Personal Convenience Kit
The Personal Convenience Kit includes the following: Blankets, Sheets, Pillows, Pillow Case, Bath Towel, Hand Towel, Wash Cloth, Dish Towel, Dinner Plate, Silverware, Coffee Cup, Saucer.
The Kitchen Kit includes the following: Water Pitcher, Pan Covers, Frying Pan, Potato Peeler, Strainer, Corkscrew, Dutch Oven, Bottle Opener, Kettle, Salad Bowls, 1qt Sauce Pan, Platter, 4 pc. Cutlery, 2 qt Sauce Pan, Clothes Hangers, Trash Can, Mop, Bucket, Broom, Dust Pan.
- Kit items and quantities may vary by location. Items may be substituted without notice.
- Kit items are for rent and must be returned to rental locations.
A flat tax amount of 11% has been added to your prepaid amount (subject to change without notice).
For any optional extras or fees that are payable on pick up the applicable sales tax according to the state of pick up will be charged.
New Jersey State Rental Security
A mandatory charge of US$5 / night (maximum $140) for all pick ups at New York (NYC) station. Payable at counter. No exceptions.
Colorado State Rental Fee
A mandatory charge of US$2 / night for all pick ups at Denver (DEN) station. Payable at counter. No exceptions.
VIP and Insurance Charges
- Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP) with $1,000 deductible (liability)...Included
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)........$10 per day
- Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI).........$22 per day
ZDO (Zero Deductible Option)
With a standard rental with El Monte RV, you are responsible for any and all loss or damage to the vehicle from any cause regardless of fault to a maximum of $1,000 per incident.
The optional Zero Deductible Option (ZDO) is not mandatory. ZDO reduces the customer’s liability for damage to the rental vehicle in the case of an accident to $0 (unless otherwise specified under notes 1-5 below). Clients can either purchase ZDO in advance or at the branch (sales tax applies). ZDO is included with the ALL IN PLUS rate.
ZDO is not an insurance and only reduces the financial responsibility of the renter if the rented vehicle is damaged or stolen.
The Advantages of the ZDO are:
Eliminates the deductible in case of a loss to the rented vehicle, provided that the renter is not in violation of the Rental Agreement;
No need to file a claim with your personal car insurance Please note that the ZDO will not apply if:
1. The renter uses the vehicle in violation of the rental agreement;
2. The renter fails to remove the keys or lock all doors and close windows and the vehicle is stolen;
3. The renter fails to notify us and the police immediately after loss; and
4. The renter fails to pay charges under the Rental Agreement; or
5. As allowed by the applicable state or provincial law
Before deciding to purchase ZDO, the renter may wish to determine whether their own vehicle insurance provides coverage for rental vehicle damage or loss and can determine the amount of deductible under their own insurance policy.
The client has the option of purchasing the ZDO as part of our All Inclusive Plus option prior to travel. ZDO is not insurance and the purchase of ZDO is not mandatory, it is optional.
- All coverage and waivers are subject to the expressed terms and conditions of the rental contract signed by the client on pick up.
- In the event of an accident, renter and/or driver must disclose to El Monte RV any insurance coverage they may have.
- All insurance and/or coverage is void if renter operates the rental vehicle in violation of any federal or applicable state, province, local laws, rules, regulations or ordinances.
- This outline is not a complete description of the various coverage plans. The El Monte RV rental agreement contains the complete legal provisions of the plans.
- Insurance and coverage plans are subject to change without notice.
El Monte RV maintains insurance coverage for liability claims, property damage and/or personal injuries resulting from the operation of an El Monte RV vehicle. El Monte RV coverage provides third party legal limits to protect the renter and authorized drivers. Liability coverage is limited to the minimum financial limits determined by the US state or Canadian province in which the incident occurred. Claims in excess of the state or province limits may arise. These claims are the responsibility of the renter. El Monte RV assumes no responsibility for such liability claims unless the client has purchased the Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Vehicle Incident Protection (VIP)
Jurisdiction: USA and Canada
Cost: Included in nightly rate
- El Monte RV offers VIP coverage which is separate protection that reduced Renters financial responsibility for all physical damage to the Rental Vehicle to the applicable deductible of US$1,000. VIP is a contractual agreement between the El Monte RV and the Renter, wherein El Monte RV agrees not to collect more than the applicable deductible of US$1,000 per occurrence from Renter for damages to the Rental Vehicle, coverage is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the then applicable rental contract.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Jurisdiction: USA and Canada
Cost: US$10 per night; no maximum amount
- Supplemental Liability Insurance provides excess auto liability insurance that protects the renter for the difference between the underlying insurance and up to US$1,000,000 against claims by a third party for bodily injury and/or damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating the El Monte RV rental vehicle.
- If the renter resides outside the United States and is covered by a foreign Liability Insurance Policy, the foreign Liability Insurance coverage will be excess / secondary over the SLI purchased pursuant to the rental contract.
Deductible: There is no deductible with the Supplemental Liability Insurance.
Exclusions: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of a rental vehicle in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Motor home or vehicle damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
- Accidents arising out of the use of a rental vehicle by an unauthorized driver.
- Renters liability for damage to the rented vehicle.
- SLI is not available at Washington.
VIP-Vacation Interruption Protection
If the renter’s motorhome vacation is interrupted by an automotive mechanical breakdown (not collision or damages caused by others or the renter) for more than 12 business hours after reporting such incident to El Monte RV/Mighty Campers, the renter will be reimbursed for the greater of: (1) the gross daily rate or (2) expenses for hotel rooms up to US$25.00 per person per night and car rental up to US$50.00 per day per motorhome up to a maximum of US$1,500.00 per trip.
Defective comfort equipment such as radio, TV, DVD, CD, Bluetooth, USB, GPS, mobile WiFi, generator, batteries, air conditioner, refrigerator, heater, water heater, cruise control, awning, slide-out, etc. are not considered mechanical breakdowns and are excluded from VIP reimbursement. Refund of expenses is only possible with proper receipts.
No liability, comprehensive or collision insurance coverage is provided and the customer has full legal and financial responsibility in case of:
- Damages to the interior of the vehicle;
- Personal injury, personal items and property;
- Carrying more passengers than having seat belts available;
- Deliberate or willful damages caused by the renter or his guests;
- Damages caused to the vehicle by abuse or misuse for illegal activities;
- Damages where the customer is charged by the local authorities for being careless;
- Damages caused by freezing, e.g. unit not winterized, or overheating of vehicle or systems;
- Driving the vehicle without a rental agreement, in breach or violation of the rental agreement;
- Damages and accidents caused under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other controlled substance;
- Damages and injuries caused by neglecting proper operating procedures, e.g. incorrect fuel type or quality, ignoring oil or coolant levels, air pressure, etc., by overloading the vehicle and/or exceeding the legal towing capacity (towing limit is with proper equipment 1,500 lbs. – enclosed trailers, boats or vehicles are not allowed);
- Damages where the customer is showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local laws and rules or disregarding common sense resulting in damage to the vehicle or third-party vehicle or property;
- Operation of the vehicle by anyone not meeting the age requirements as shown on the rate sheet and rental terms & conditions, or not listed on the rental agreement or not having a valid, original driver license; and
- Damages and losses due to “off-road” usage, or caused during travel in or thru restricted areas, following incorrect GPS guidance, traveling into non-authorized areas including but not limited to the country of Mexico, the inner cities of New York, Montreal and Quebec (Canada)
Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI)
El Monte RVs Mexico Auto Liability Insurance is required protection which the renter must obtain from El Monte RV when renting an El Monte RV vehicle and will be traveling to Mexico. Being added to El Monte RVs Mexico Auto Liability Insurance policy provides excellent coverage and eliminates the hassles of trying to obtain insurance at the border.
- A written permit from El Monte RV is required for border crossing.
- El Monte RVs Mexico Auto Liability Insurance must be purchased at the rental counter.
- Client may purchase coverage only for the specific days that they will be in Mexico.
- There is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use incurred while the vehicle is in Mexico.
Jurisdiction: Mexico Auto Liability Insurance is only valid when traveling in Mexico and according to the laws of Mexico.
Cost: US$22 per calendar date that the vehicle will be in Mexico. No Maximum amount.
Coverage: This insurance provides coverage for physical damage to or total theft of the El Monte RV rental vehicle, third party liability and medical payments. Coverage also includes legal assistance to aid in the prevention of the driver from going to jail.
- Physical Damage - Limited to ACV (actual cash value) for collision, upset, overturn, etc
- Total Theft - Limited to ACV. Coverage excludes partial theft.
- Auto Liability - US$1,000,000 combined single limit for property damage & bodily injury.
- Medical Payments - US$3,000 per person and US$15,000 per accident.
- Legal Assistance - Included
- Physical Damage - The deductible for physical damage is 5% of the actual cash value of the RV, with a minimum deductible of US$1,000.
- Total Theft - The deductible for total theft is 10% of the actual cash value of the RV, with a minimum deductible of US$1,000. Coverage excludes partial theft.
- Auto Liability - No deductible.
- Medical Payments - No deductible.
- Legal Assistance - No deductible.
Exclusions: Included but are not limited to the following:
- Use of a rental vehicle in violation of the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
- Accidents which occur while renter is under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
- Accidents arising out of the use of a rental vehicle by an unauthorized driver.
- Coverage excludes partial theft.
First Night Accommodation
- It is strongly recommended that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel.
- Transfers are restricted to hotels mentioned on the confirmation voucher.
- No refunds are given for self-transfer.
- No transfers are provided for same day flight arrivals.
International Address Requirement
- El Monte RV 2018/2019 International Rental Program and rates are designated exclusively for non-domestic clientele, ie for those clients living outside of the United States and have no US address.
- El Monte RV reserves the right not accept bookings from clients residing within the United States even though they may have reserved through an international wholesaler.
- El Monte RV reserves the right to rebook clients residing within the United States using standard domestic rates and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to identify their residency at time of booking.
All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of El Monte RV. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.