RVs vs. Motels
While planning that much earned and needed RV rental holiday, there are lots of decisions to make. Deciding how you are going to get to your destination and where you are going to stay are perhaps some of the harder of these. While some people simply book hotel rooms, others choose to take the more independent option and hire an RV. While both are suitable options, it can still be difficult to decide which one is going to suit you and your needs the best.
Here is a quick guide that will point out the pro's and cons of both and help you decide which option is going to make your holiday the most memorable it can possibly be.
- A hotel room is usually more spacious than an RV
- A more sizeable bathroom and toilet
- No hassle of setting up and packing away
- You don't have to worry about running out of water or gas
- Few motels are positioned right in the heart of nature
- Offers somewhat a lesser degree of freedom
- Cannot enjoy a campfire or BBQ
- You don't get the same "holiday feeling" as you do when you are camping
- Some motels are extremely costly
- Freedom to stay where you want
- No need to unpack and haul around luggage
- You can travel at your own pace as you don't have specified check in and check out times
- A campervan rental is more homely than a motel room
- Can often work out cheaper
- Dealing with sewage tanks and dump stations
- Some RVs and travel trailers don't offer much room
- Less chance of escaping the kids!